VW. Two letters. Endless opportunities. A bright future.
The Volkswagen Group is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker and is on the road to number one. Come join our team and you could be part of that ride. For our employees, Volkswagen stands for more than just efficient and sustainable products - it's an expression of who they are and how they move through life. Become a part of the Volkswagen of America experience and work with people who are passionate, innovative, enthusiastic, and high performing team players. Everyone deserves a better car and everyone deserves a better company - it's a Volkswagen thing.
The Connectivity/Technology Product Specialist candidate will be the driver behind the controls for advanced vehicle connectivity products (e.g. over-the-air technology, mobility on demand, on-line connectivity, new monetization models) and play a cross functional role with MEB projects. The candidate must be an innovative thinker and be a contributor to help VW win in the evolving connected mobility environment. The prospect should have a start-up/silicon valley mindset and be able to work in a dynamic/fluid environment while displaying sound business judgment (balancing between long and short term goals).
Cross functionality - work with constituents to develop business cases (30%)
* Spearhead business plans for vehicle connectivity projects (including life cycle activities, technology upgrades, and all-new technologies); provide decision support to product teams and management committees (NAR-VAP, NAR board). * Prepare analyses and comparisons of other projects, technologies, and competitors (benchmarking) and establish action items. * Strategic thinking - weighing market share and profitability for new technologies. * Support MEB team on an adhoc basis.
* Help recommend new business models to drive recurring revenues. * Assist in the investigation of new technologies to drive the consumer experience. * Contributor to long-term technology strategy to differentiate VW from the competition and help ensure technology leadership.
Target derivation and tracking (20%)
* Derivation of targets for top-line revenue impact (volume, price, recurring revenue, subscription) and cost categories. Work closely with constituents to reach target consensus (clear logical explanation of derived figures). * Track financial metrics (status versus target) and provide variance analysis. Recommend cost optimization (by way of adjusting the budget, portfolio changes, etc.) and opportunities.
Material cost planning (20%)
* Professional control and coordination with material cost partners. * Lead the material cost aggregation for projects and coordinate material planning. * Critical contributor for management level presentations (including supporting/back-up materials).
5 years experience required
Education: Bachelor's Engineering, Computer Science, IT or business degree required
* The ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative (out of the box thinking), start-up like environment - results oriented. * Strong analytical capability * Highly reliable * Excellent communication skills * Automotive knowledge (particularly in technology) * Experience in project management and/or strategic projects * High level of assertiveness * Strong team commitment
Specialized Skills required:
* Business case calculation incl. make-or-buy decisions * Strong knowledge and interest in information technology, internet, and telecommunication * Good knowledge of PEP processes * Excellent office knowledge (incl. ThinkCell)
Specialized Skills desired:
* Specialized knowledge in new mobility services * In tuned with mega trends in technology and new mobility. * Inquisitive personality - willing to question current paradigms * Creativity (how can we make money with new connectivity?)
* Flexible working hours due to project driven workload * Ability to handle multiple projects * Open to travel (Chattanooga, Detroit and Bay Area etc)
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.