Title: Aircraft Mechanic 2 Location: Wallop Island, VA 23337 Industry: Department of DefenseJob Duties:Responsible for the maintenance of aircraft, including avionics and mechanical aircraft systems/sub-systems associated with the Wallops Flight Facility airport/airfield. Includes repairing, inspecting and maintaining structural, mechanical and electrical elements of the aircraft.
Aircraft Mechanic 2: CBA position
Salary: Base plus benefits Employment Type:Must haves:
- Performs maintenance on aircraft, including avionics, and mechanical systems. Repair, inspect and maintain structural, mechanical and electrical elements of the aircraft.
- Knowledgeable in the use of and be able to train others in the use of a wide variety of diagnostics devices, computers, hand and mechanical tools.
- Provide oversight and should have the ability to direct and train others in the completion of aircraft related maintenance tasks.
- May include Quality Assurance Representative (QAR) duties.
- Troubleshoot systems as required to meet customer needs.
- Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) and established regulatory requirements.
- Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks.
- Maintain control tools. Report missing, lost, found, or unattended tools to the supervisor. Inventory and inspect tools on a regular basis and replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
- Enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verify the work was performed satisfactorily.
- The Aircraft Mechanic II may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Keyword search string: FAA, A/P, A&P, A And P, Airframe, Powerplant, Mechanic, Maintenance, Aerospace, NASA, DoD =, Department of DefenseEOE/ADASRG Government Services is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airplane and Powerplant (A&P) certification.
- At least 2 years of experience in FAA Part 135 or FAA Part 121 maintenance operations within the previous 7 years.
- Experience supporting a NASA/DoD contract.
- May require FCC GROL certification.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required.
- Must maintain valid driver s license.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.