Compensation: $111,010.00 - $165,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Solers, a Peraton Company, is seeking a Software Engineer in our Blacksburg, VA office in support of various DoD and Intelligence Community programs.
What you ll do
- Apply your software engineering skills and experience in a supportive, team-oriented environment.
- Architect, design, and develop innovative, full-stack solutions for Solers'' customers, including front and back-end applications.
- Use leading-edge technologies, agile development processes, and distributed/high performance computing applications.
- Follow engineering best practices and Solers'' engineering processes.
- Assist in mentoring junior software engineers and co-ops.
You d be a great fit if
- You are a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- You hold a Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- You have experience with web development and/or database technologies.
- You have experience integrating custom software with 3rd party applications.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- You have the ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies and concepts.
- You are a team-player, result oriented, and self-motivated.
- You have strong written and oral communications skills.
It would be even better if you
- Have experience with virtualization, cloud computing, or container technologies.
- Have experience working in a structured software engineering environment, ideally using an Agile development methodology.
- Have experience with an integrated development environment and configuration/build management tools and processes.
- Have the ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action.
- Have the ability to find innovative ways to solve problems.
What you''ll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K)
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule and 10 federal holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
Where you ll work
Why Solers, A Peraton Company:
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you ll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
Solers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, c c++, devops, matlab, php, programming, sde, software developer, software engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...