Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principal Sales Consultant - Oracle's National SecurityGroup (Reston, VA)
Oracle's National Security Group is seeking a PrincipalSales Consultant. The successfulcandidate will work with Oracle's state of the art Cloud Technology and gainsignificant experience in the rapidly growing Cloud technology area. Ongoingdeep technical experience with Oracle product solutions is required. As Oracle continues to expand our commercialCloud service offerings, those offerings will fast-follow into the IntelligenceCommunity market providing the candidate with expanding growthopportunities. This role will belocated in the Washington DC Metro area and require a TS/SCI security clearancewith full scope polygraph.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Sales Consultantto support the FBI and Civilian Intelligence customers. You will have worked in specific branches/sections,directorates and have established relationships within those areas to callupon. You will develop client-specificsolutions, sales strategies, and coordinate required internal and externalresources to sell solutions that meet customer requirements. You will partnerwith an Account Representative to discover, develop, and close opportunities. Youwill be comfortable presenting the broad range of Oracle data management andanalytical solutions (in on-premises, Cloud at Customer, and Public Clouddeployments) to key customer executives and decision makers. Your ability to create new and augmentexisting customer relationships within strategic directorates will be criticalto team success.
You will be a trusted advisor responsible for educating thecustomer on Oracle Cloud technology to meet specific mission requirements aswell as the transitioning of existing Oracle on-premises solutions to leverageOracle's versatile Cloud at customer offerings.
You will work with the Sales Team to understand future Cloudrequirements that will drive additional investment and deployment ofcapacity. Strong communication skillswill be required for constant interaction with customers during the entiresales cycle.
* Proactively lead fact finding/discovery sessionswith appropriate mission clients
* Architect and sell value-based solutions tocustomer technical staff and executives
* Facilitate customer product understandingthrough authoritative presentations, demonstrations and benchmarks
* Ensure customer satisfaction throughout thesales cycle by providing technical support and guidance.
* Enable the Sales Team to understand futuredemand for Oracle solutions through consistent and relevant technologyevangelization
* Facilitate demand-generation and marketingactivities such as technology workshops, brown-bags, and technical conferenceparticipation.
* Bachelor's degree, in Computer Science, MIS oranother technical field, or equivalent work experience
* Oracle Certifications and/or equivalent workexperience
* Customer obsession, passion
* Strongunderstanding of cloud concepts and/or IT systems deployments
* Experience in large scale DevOps projects
* Proven ability to quickly learn new technical domains
* Outstandingverbal and written communication skills
* 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experiencepreferably with the IntelligenceCommunity
* 7 years experience architecting, developing, deploying,supporting DevOps technologies (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker,Kubernetes) within large-scale IT Intelligence Community environments.
* Experience with Big Data, HDFS, Hive, Sparkdesired
* Experience with Middleware such as WeblogicServer, JBOSS or Tomcat desired.
Associated topics: financial, financial planner, financial security, merchant service, merchant service solution, mortgage, personal banker, risk management, stock broker, treasury