PRN Registered Nurse
HEALTHSTAT in Danville, VA
- Industry: Healthcare - Nursing - Registered Nurse (RN/BSN/ASN)
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $67,990.00 - 94,620.00 / Year*
Healthstat is a leading provider of on-site primary care, high health risk intervention, chronic condition management and occupational medical care services in employer facilities. Through on-site centers, preventative care, wellness programs and comprehensive reporting, Healthstat alleviates a corporation's rising cost of healthcare by improving the health of its employees and dependents. Healthstat currently manages more than 300 clinics nationwide serving over 200,000 participants.
Healthstat's professional providers aid employees with reaching personal health improvement goals. Our positions offer a unique opportunity to be directly involved with improving employee health with a singular commitment to wellness.
Healthstat is seeking a qualified RN (PRN) looking to be an integral part of our culture where people come first, and we strive to make a difference. Personal health is our priority!! Our clinics generate healthy and happy employees!
- Uses nursing skills to evaluate patient care needs, prioritize treatment, and maintain patient flow.
- Conducts a nursing assessment by taking a patient history and initial physical assessment and by obtaining vital signs and other medical tests. Provides treatment within scope of practice as defined by state law.
- Collaborates with Healthstat Provider(s) to arrange for further medical treatment, when needed.
- Identifies equipment that needs repair and brings it to the attention of provider or Clinic Operations Director.
- Conducts appropriate laboratory tests and quality control procedures.
- Documents accurately all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications administered, discharge instructions provided, and follow up care arranged in electronic medical record system.
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice.
- Administers medications and medical treatments competently as directed by Healthstat Provider(s).
- Maintains a clean and safe environment. Follows infection control procedures.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidential patient information.
- Participates in follow up phone calls and follow up patient visits.
- Provides follow-up with employees to ensure efficacy of interventions and directives
- Coordinates and implements health promotion initiatives including health screenings, health assessments and health-related counseling/education
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding and allay apprehensions.
- Prepares equipment and aids other staff within the clinic setting during treatment and examination of the patient
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient
- Certificate from an accredited Nursing School or Associates' degree (A.S.) is required. Bachelor's degree (BSN) from four-year college or university is preferred.
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse in state of practice required
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing, Certification in Emergency Nursing, or Certificate in Case Management preferred.
- At least three years' experience as a Registered Nurse in an emergency room, occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic.
- Experience with Microsoft office products to include Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, age, marital status, or handicap.
Associated topics: care, coronary, intensive care unit, neonatal, psychatric, psychiatric, recovery, registered nurse, surgery, tcu
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!