Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Engineer storage solutions based on requirements
- Provision disk storage
- Design, implement, install and maintain the storage area networks (SAN)
- Design, implement, install and maintain the network attached storage (NAS)
- Provide redundancy to minimize downtown
- Provide load-balancing across the SAN to increase performanceData Protection
- Design and implement backup solutions based on requirements
- Implement disk mirroring for immediate recovery of very large databases (VLDBs)
- Configure nightly backups to disk and/or tape using backup software
- Recover data as requestedNetezza Administration
- Create schemas as requested
- Create/disable user accounts
- Promote data updates from development environment to production
- Monitor performance
- Tune SQL statements
- Perform optimization and maintenance routines each month1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.4. Maintains system documentation5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.8. May program in an administrative language.9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.10. Provides advice and training to end-users.11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.13. Participates in special projects as required.As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.#DPOST#SWDevIC#ERP
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associated topics: architecture, catia, circuit, design, digital, engineer i, ic, pcb, schema, vlsi