The Network Engineer is responsible for the design and development and implementation of data, voice, and/or video communications networks as part of a Core Engineering Team. The candidate will work with project managers and customers to determine technical requirements and see those requirements through to completion.
- Install, configure and maintain crypto devices
- Responsible for the network design and determining the level of effort associated with the development of data, voice, and/or video, and/or communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Documents solutions in Engineering Installation Plans (EIPs) and other various documents.
- Submits proposed designs to Engineering Review Board and responds to questions.
- Schedules authorized outages to implement proposed solutions.
- May work odd hours to minimize customer impact.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required
- Active Secret security clearance or higher
- Current 8570 Level II certification (Security+ CE) or higher
- Must have at least 5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
- Hands-on experience with design, development and implementation of data, voice, and/or video communications networks.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associated topics: antenna, avaya, circuit, design engineer, electrical engineer, engineer, frequency, lan, opnet, wan