See why our employees love working at Johnston Willis Hospital!
Johnston-Willis Hospital, a 292-bed acute care facility, is located in the upbeat, North Chesterfield area, a short drive from Chesterfield Town Center, offering an abundance of restaurants and shops. Johnston-Willis Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Among other awards and certifications, the Joint Commission has awarded Johnston-Willis Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and was the first non-academic Richmond Hospital center to be awarded Comprehensive Stroke Certification by DNV-GL Healthcare, the highest level of competence possible for stroke care.
Johnston-Willis Hospital is the only hospital in the area, and only the second in Virginia, to use the Gamma Knife ICON , a minimally invasive stereotactic radiosurgery tool that uses extremely precise cobalt radiation beams. The Gamma Knife is used to treat brain tumors, trigeminal neuralgia (face pain) and other neurological disorders
The Neuro Science Department at Johnston-Willis Hospital:
- 12 Private Rooms ( ICU) ; 23 Private Rooms (Step down) focusing on Brain and Spine
- Patient nurse Ratio is 2:1 within the ICU and 4:1 within the stepdown unit
- Patient Population includes- Complicated Neuro-Surgical Procedures that include Brain and Spine, Ischemic and Hemorrhagic Strokes, Neuro-Interventional and Endovascular Procedures, Brain Tumor and Gamma Knife Treatment etc...
- Ability for new nurses to begin their professional growth on our Neuroscience Stepdown Unit and are able to seamlessly transition to our Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit (NSICU)
- A supportive culture focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
What Sets Us Apart:
\"I am new to the Neuro Science Unit and what I love most is how friendly the co-workers are. This unit is AMAZING!\" AW
\"I enjoy the staff that I work with and the challenging patients\" TH
\"I love my co-workers, the leadership team, and the flexibility\"- ES
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from a school of professional nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS certification (required)
- Minimum of one year experience in an Intensive Care Unit setting (Preferred)
- Minimum two years experience as an RN (Preferred)
- Full Time
- 12 hour shifts
- 72 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Every 3rd weekend coverage
We offer a generous compensation package including:
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- HCA Healthcare is partnering with Bright Horizon EdAssist Solutions to provide a monthly benefit toward qualifying education loans incurred by eligible active full-time and part-time employees who have completed 90 days of service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: intensive care unit, maternal, mhb, neonatal, nurse clinical, psychiatric, registed, staff nurse, surgical, tcu