Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nations most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster.
***We are offering a 25KSign on bonus for this position***
Jacobs is actively seekingNetwork EngineerTier 3to join their team at their customer site in the Reston area. This will be a swing shift position with the hours of approximately 2PM-10PM.
Provides Tier 3 support to the Network Operations Center (NOC). Supports an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system. Monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability Maintains network hardware and software. Proactively identify risks in the network and develop a plan to mitigate them. Provides support of numerous business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video). Candidate must have hands on troubleshooting and fault isolation of IT business systems. Applicant must have a strong understanding of the OSI model and configuration of routing protocols such as: EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, LDP.Some of the tasks are as follows:
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Operate master consoles in order to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Perform a full range of upgrades to the existing network architecture.
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements.
- Perform long term O&M activities to include tier 3 troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Utilize complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network.
- Prepare troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels.
- Provide fault management for the network and supports performance management functions.
- Respond, isolate, and resolve network troubles. Monitor alarms and alerts to identify network elements causing network degradation or failure.
- Maintain logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Execute reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
- Monitor security posture of the network, and report suspected violations to designated authority.
- Coordinate with configuration management and implementation teams.
- Perform operator-level maintenance on components associated with network management systems.
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput) and recommends procurement, removals, and modifications to network components.
- Create and/or maintain operating systems, communications software, data base packages, compilers, assemblers, and utility programs.
- Apply software, hardware, and standards information technology skills in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of open systems for Information Management (IM) applications. Ensure these systems and applications are compliant with standards for open systems architectures, reference models, and profiles of standards - such as the IEEE Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of IM solutions on the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application. Evaluate and recommend COTS applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable information technology solutions.
- Perform analysis and validation of reusable software and hardware components to ensure the integration of these components into interpretable IM designs.Note to Virginia Job Seekers: Jacobs ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact the Human Resources Director at our Arlington, VA office at phone number removed> . Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact Jacobs by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.
BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive, relevant experience, or and MS degree in a computer or system science discipline and seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a computer or system science discipline and two (2) to five (5) years or progressive experience.
PreferredCertifications:Cisco CCNA,CCNP, CCIE, Juniper JNCIA,JNCIS, or JNCIE, ITIL Foundations, and/or CISSPEssential Functions
Work EnvironmentGeneral Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.Physical Requirements
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.Equipment and Machines
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.Attendance
Attendance is critical at all times. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writingGrooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or othersMust put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writingMust be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirementsMust be willing to travel as neededMust take and pass a drug test and background check
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>
Associated topics: asic, electronics, hardware, infrastructure, nortel, repair, soc, system engineer, test, voip