The ideal candidate will have experience in this industry and have knowledge of both private pay and medicaid guidelines. This location has a large census, so the ability to prioritize and multi-task is of extreme importance.
Office location is 7239 Mechanicsville Turnpike, Mechanicsville VA 23111
Resumes can be emailed directly to ...@careadvantageinc.com
Care Advantage is a home care company that specializes in one-on-one quality personal care and companionship in the home, hospital, nursing home or rehabilitation center. We tailor make care plans that works for our clients whether transitioning from the hospital to home or companionship for a few hours a day. Our staff is comprised of individuals who care about the patients we serve and the services we deliver. Care Advantage is here to give families and facilities peace of mind and to provide affordable nursing help with whatever is needed, whenever it is needed.
Our Richmond Mechanicsville office is looking for a Staffing Supervisor to join our caregiving family. This individual will play a pivotal role in ensuring that our clients have caregivers assigned to care for them and will help in managing the overall operations of the office.
The Staffing Supervisor is under the direct supervision and direction of the Vice President of Operations and the Senior Administrator. The Staffing Supervisor supervises Staffing Coordinators, On-Call Coordinators and any other personnel assigned by the Senior Administrator. The Staffing Supervisor works with clients, clients families, office and field employees and all other parties related to the business through telephone and office contact.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The Staffing Supervisor provides total organization and management of all staffing activities based on the policies and procedures of Care Advantage under the direction of the Vice President of Operations and the Senior Administrator.
The Staffing Supervisor is responsible for all staffing activities, which may include, but
are not limited to the following:
* Obtaining and completing client orders and all appropriate paperwork:
* Obtains pertinent patient information for the patient record.
* Informs the Home Health Director and/or Supervisor of new clients, client concerns, and changes in clients' services.
* Schedules appropriate employees for assignments.
* Works as liaison between clients and field personnel to ensure smooth relationships.
* Ensures clients are called weekly to determine status of services for upcoming week.
* Receiving reports from office and on-call employees.
* Ensuring availability of field personnel is obtained, keeps current records and updates data in
computer in a timely manner and before the close of each business day.
* Ensuring all client data and client schedules are entered in computer.
* Assisting Office or Division Administrator or Vice President of Operations with the organization of field personnel and client activities.
* Following daily guidelines as set forth by the Office or Division Administrator and Vice
President of Operations.
* Assisting with all office activities to include, but not limited to the following:
* Answering phones
* Distributing checks to field personnel
* Assisting with entire interview process of field personnel
* Following direction and performing responsibilities defined and delegated by the Senior Administrator or Vice President of Operations.
The Staffing Supervisor performs tasks necessary in meeting the client's total needs.
* Always courteous and exercises professional telephone manners.
* Makes available information about services.
* Ensures all pertinent information necessary for billing procedures is recorded.
* Ensures appropriate/qualified employees are assigned to meet client needs.
* Ensures client calls are responded to within thirty (30) minutes or less.
* Assists with marketing activities as directed by the Office or Division Administrator.
* Makes survey calls, as designated by the Office or Division Administrator, to clients to verify
field personnel presence at assigned times and makes documentation of client response.
The Staffing Supervisor can make appropriate decisions and judgment.
* Organizes assignments to complete them in a timely and efficient manner.
* When in doubt as to the purpose of a specific assignment(s), seeks clarification from the Senior Administrator or Vice President of Operations before implementing.
* Demonstrates flexibility in responding to unpredicted situations such as emergencies, assignment or scheduling changes, and reports to appropriate office employee and/or field personnel.
* Ensures that attempts are always made to reschedule personnel on cases when personnel
* Ensures mat all options are exhausted before notifying client mat needs cannot be met.
* Takes on-call when necessary or as requested by Office or Division Administrator.
The Staffing Supervisor oversees the activities of the field personnel staff
* Assigns only appropriately trained employees to assignments.
* Assesses the performance of field personnel assigned and takes appropriate disciplinary and/or performance improvement actions.
* Ensures that proper and current credentials and performance evaluations are on file for all field personnel assigned and active with the Company.
* Ensures a timely resolution of any problems, concerns, or complaints brought to your attention and relays to applicable employees and clients.
The Staffing Supervisor demonstrates skill in oral, written, and automated
communication with clients, clients' families, facilities, office, and on-call personnel
* Reports client and facility requests and employee responses to the Office or Division
* Knows the importance of and maintains accurate information on all clients and employees.
* Ensures all data is entered into computer for clients and employees and/or their schedules in a timely manner and before the close of each business day.
* Shares related concerns and complaints with the Senior Administrator and Vice
President of Operations.
* Extends courtesy and an attitude of cooperation when communicating with others.
* High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent, with two years' work-related experience
* Previous Staffing Coordinator experience
* Satisfactory reference from prior employer and medical or telephone experience helpful
* Must be able to work in the office and from a home with a pager
* Must have a phone equipped with call-waiting when performing duties from home.
To be effective in this role, you must be able to meet basic physical demands which include the ability to sit, stand, squat, twist and turn from time to time. You must be able to lift a minimum of __10_____ pounds. Workplace accommodations may be available based on medical recommendations and when it does not create a hardship for the company.