McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Java Software Engineer
As a Sr. Software Engineer in Capital One, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to dockerized RESTful micro services, to streaming applications powered by Spark or AWS managed services. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, Python, Scala, AngularJS, REST, CSS, NoSQL / Relational databases, Spark, DevOps, and AWS Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
This position will support development of suite of products designed to bring customers back to their regular spending patterns after their card has been re-issued due to unexpected fraud on their card. Suite of products uses ML algorithms to identify all the merchants where customers card has been stored, easily and securely update their new card with merchants, continue to approve their important charges coming on old card, make their card accessible via digital channels. Goal for this team is to bring an experience that is so seamless that card re-issue just feels very normal to customers.
* Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities
* Continuously improve software engineering practices by adapting innovative ways
* Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
* Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
* Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
* Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
* Bachelor Degree or military experience
* At least 4 years of software development experience with Java
* At least 2 years of software development experience with Web development
* 2+ years of experience with AWS
* 4+ years of experience with analysis and development of distributed applications
* 4+ years of experience with Java, Spring framework, REST microservices
* 2+ years of experience with SQL and No-SQL databases
* 2+ years of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) experience
* 2+ years working in an Agile environment
* 1+ years of Docker container experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, backend, back end, matlab, perl, programming, sdet, software developer, sw