Project Accountant - Manassas, VA
Bowman Consulting Group in Manassas, VA
- Industry: Accounting - Corporate Accounting - Senior
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $84,740.00 - 129,450.00 / Year*
Bowman Consulting is seeking a full-time Project Accountant in our Manassas, VA office to join our Regional Accounting Team. Apply your education; your construction, engineering or services experience; and your demonstrated success with project cost accounting, contracts, invoicing, and AR to make an immediate impact. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and will possess excellent communication skills to proactively and clearly engage with the Regional Accounting Team.
This position may be located in Manassas, VA or Sunrise, FL
At Bowman Consulting, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. Thats why a career at Bowman Consulting is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved in it.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight and reporting on project cost accounting from cradle to grave
- Assist and work with the Regional Controller in providing various accounting reports, collections, etc.
- Use job billing experience to coordinate with other project billers and project managers, in the Region and ensure accuracy of project setups, and adherence to procedures
- Update and maintain clients budget, consultants budgets, scope and pricing, change orders and provide evaluation and reporting
- Review and analysis of key performance metrics to support operations management and identify continuous improvement processes
- Communicate with Senior Management and verbalize recommendations and review findings
- Use general business management skills in reviewing both project and business operating performance
- Perform project set-up for new projects
- Manage monthly invoicing process for projects
- Review vendor and subcontractor invoices process
- Contact customers concerning past due balances and collect on those balances up until 90 days after invoice date
- Provide assistance, as appropriate, to the Senior Account Manager in collections efforts after 90 days
- Prepare accounts with outstanding balances for escalation to Controller and/or General Counsel for follow-up action
- Prepare management reporting schedules as it relates to collections and accounts receivables
- Prepare draft correspondence pertaining to collections and accounts receivables issues
- Act as liaison between operations and many corporate accounting functions including but not limited to accounts payable, financials, timesheets, etc.
- Assist with annual financial audit preparation as needed
- Petty Cash Account Reconciliation | Daily Cash Receipts
- Bachelor's degree and two years' experience in project accounting/finance or a High School diploma or equivalent and six years' experience in project accounting/finance
- Previous experience in the engineering/construction or services industry is required
- Proven track records and knowledge of working with accounting system such as Deltek Vision
- Strong project based accounting system experience along with advanced level Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills, attention to detail with the ability to organize, recommend process improvements, and develop best practices
- Demonstrated leadership and time management skills including ability to manage conflicting priorities in a high-pressure environment while still maintaining a customer-oriented focus and professionalism
- Willingness to learn new things and assist others
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.
Bowman Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman Consulting Group does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!