DevOps Manager: AWS Serverless
Employment Type: Full-Time
The AWS Serverless team is hiring a DevOps Manager to support and manage systems behind the US Intelligence Community's cloud services!
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team in Herndon, VA, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
What does it take to succeed in this role? A successful Systems Development Manager will do much more than manage infrastructure, tools, and people. You will provide leadership in driving automation that makes operating a massive large scale distributed system easy, while improving customer experience. You will own and drive the performance of applications, while auditing and driving operational efficiencies.
The ideal candidate is:
· A good people manager. Building, motivating and mentoring a world-class DevOps engineering team is the most important part of this role. You should have a proven track record in recruiting and retaining top talent and excel in day-to-day people and performance management tasks.
· Is technically and operationally deep. You will regularly take part in deep-dive troubleshooting exercises and drive technical post-mortem discussions to identify root cause of complex issues. The ideal candidate has experience as a software or systems engineer.
· Has strong project management experience. The successful candidate will create roadmaps for the team. This will include helping innovate and invent new value-add services layered on top of our existing services. You will need excellent technical project management skills to deliver roadmap items as well as other cross-team projects. Experience with Agile methodologies is an advantage.
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science
· 7+ years of relevant hands-on systems engineering and administrative experience in networking, storage systems, operating systems
· 3+ years of experience as a Systems Engineering and Operations leader
· 2+ years writing tools and automation in an interpreted language such as Python
· Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to production
· Experience with the deployment and usage of monitoring systems
· Forecasting and capacity planning systems
· Experience delivering IT services to US Government customers
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
Loading some great jobs for you...